Provide Primary Pediatric care to patients in outpatient integrated clinic setting and take after-hours “mommy call” on assigned rotation, no in-patient call. Must be willing to work one Saturday a month.
- Provide well child exams, routine developmental screenings, childhood immunizations, diagnosis and treatment of childhood illnesses and teaching and counseling of children and their families on issues related to health
- Assign duties to nursing staff, providing appropriate feedback and assessment of care delivered to ensure that patients’ safety is maintained
- Record and present patients’ progress in relevant charts and pass on observations and assessment to all healthcare team members involved in patient care.
- Communicate physical and mental health findings to patients’ family for them to understand patients’ health condition, progress and medical needs.
- Regularly participate in educational programs to ensure both technical and professional competence
- Participate in continuing education and maintenance of certification activities
- Collaborate with the patient’s care team and members of their family to design and carry out a plan for their care, so that proper coordination of care and communication of the patient’s health progress will be maintained.
- Coordinate, collaborate and refer to specialty providers in the community as needed
- Order, interpret and manage diagnostic tests and imaging
- Prescribe and manage prescription and over the counter medications
- Complete simple procedures as provider feels comfortable based on training which include: incision and drainage, suture placement, nexplanon insertion, circumcision
- Participate as a member of the clinic QI Team
- Valid Colorado MD/DO License (must meet education requirement(s) for Colorado State licensure)
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification
- Board Certified/Board Eligible by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in conflict resolution, customer service, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, teamwork, and written communication